Preventive Care in Wilmington, DE
Preventive dental care is an important part of your oral health routine, regardless of your age. Children and adults benefit from regular dental checkups. Scheduling bi-annual appointments with your dentist at New Concept Dental, and practicing good, daily oral hygiene at home, are effective ways of preventing plaque buildup, cavities, and gum disease. For a healthy smile, follow these oral health care recommendations:
- Daily brushing is a must if you want to keep your teeth strong and in good condition. We advise our patients to brush their teeth with fluoride toothpaste at least twice a day, using a soft-bristled toothbrush to protect your tooth’s enamel. Brushing removes food particles from the surface of your teeth and protects against the buildup of plaque.
- Is flossing part of your oral hygiene routine? When you floss, you get rid of bacteria between your teeth where your toothbrush’s bristles cannot easily reach. Along with daily flossing, we also recommend that you use mouthwash. Not only does mouthwash kill bacteria, but it will refresh your breath too. When you use these products together, it is easier to remove both plaque and food particles from between the teeth and under the gumline.
- Eating a nutritious, balanced diet not only keeps your waistline trim, but it keeps your smile bright and healthy. Make it a point to avoid sugary foods, replacing them with nutritious choices such as dairy, fruit, and raw vegetables.
- Ask us about protective sealants to find out if these products may be a good choice for you. Sealants are a protective coating applied to the chewing surfaces of your back teeth, places where decay is more likely to develop. Sealants are easy to adhere, and they add another layer of protection against tooth deterioration.
- Do you play a contact sport? If so, protect your smile while you play, and ask us about customized mouth guards.
Lastly, don’t forget to schedule regular checkups. If it has been more than six months since you last visited our offices, give us a call today at (302) 778-3822 to schedule an appointment for a professional cleaning and checkup. Dentists Fay, Redden, and Bayley, and all the staff at New Concept Dental care about YOU and strive to deliver the best preventive care in Wilmington, DE, every single day.